Monday 23 December 2013

A Mother's Love

Some of you might know that my mother and I are very very close. She is my best friend, healer, psychologist and so much more. This is for her and all the other mothers out there who is crying for her child. I love you mom.


As a woman who’s right to bear a child has been taken away, I may never truly know what it is like to be a mother, but because of my own mother, I fully understand the meaning of a mother’s love. It is to cry on the inside when her child is suffering, but putting on a brave face so that they can walk through the storm. It is to give unconditionally, but knowing to hold back when her child is ready. It is to push, despite wanting to hold onto her forever. I have seen my mother cry for me, laugh for me and pray for me. She cannot speak of her pain, afraid of giving me pressure, but I can see it through her eyes. My mother is such an incredible woman. She is strong and wise. She has gone through so much in her life, and endured it with such grace and dignity. I want so badly to protect her and provide her with wealth and comfort. I don’t want her to suffer anymore, but she is being tortured because of me. Sometimes, I feel so tired, so exhausted from everything, but I know I cannot give up because of a mother’s love. This love is infinite and boundless. It is what keeps me from letting go and keeps me going. It is what gives me hope and tells me that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful writing. I'm glad you started a blog. I miss you so much Venissa. Merry Christmas! -Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both you and your mom share a beautiful smile. This is a true test to your relationship and it's wonderful to see that someone is there for you with all the strength and conviction in the world. No pressure, just love. One day, you will be able to do what your mom has done for you - something to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete