Monday 23 December 2013

Change


     Things have changed so much. Before, I was never still for a second. There were always things to do; tests to review for, projects to finish, buses to catch and people to fight and laugh with. Now, the pace is so much slower and I actually find myself marvelling at the way the snow dazzles under the sun. I see things, things that I was blind to before. I open my eyes in the morning and smile because somehow I still have another day. Yes, there are days when I just want to sit and cry, or yell at anyone who so much as try to bring me a cup of water. But I've realized that the very fact that we exist is a miracle. We are all miracles. My future does indeed look very scary, but isn't that true for everyone? The uncertainty makes it scary. It's scary because for the most part, the future is beyond our control. That's why I live for now, for the present.

2 comments:

  1. Looking back, what would you say to the you at the time when you were writing this? Maybe it's scary, but maybe, just maybe, you are stronger than your fears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. everyday is a gift of grace... sending much love to you... hwaighting venissa <3

    ReplyDelete