Monday 31 March 2014

Thank you!

     I’ve been meaning to write this piece for a long time. There are many people who deserve a long overdue thank you! First, I received the most amazing birthday gift this year. It was a journal full of well wishes from friends from high school, university, Shad Valley, Science Expo and even kind strangers. It’s such a personal gift and honestly words cannot describe how touched I am. A special thanks to Steph for putting this together! And of course thank you everyone for your encouraging words and birthday wishes!!!! They really mean the world to me!
Here are some pictures of the amazing journal:







     Secondly, I have two wonderful chemo angels, one from England and one from Germany who send me very special things through the mail every week. We’re grown to know each other over the past few months, but they started their kindness as complete strangers to me. I’ve received chocolates, flowers, tea, photos and numerous cards. You have no idea how excited I get when I get these special gifts in the mail. It really takes my mind off the next doctor’s appointment or the weird pain I’ve been getting. Thank you Manuela and Rachel! Both of you are truly very special to me.









4 comments:

  1. Aww that's so cute. Be sure that I read here and think of you very often. There's not much I can do, it's just some writing but it comes from my heart...and be sure that you are never alone, that many people care. Sending you some hugs all the way across the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Venissa you are so blessed to have all these friends & family caring and thinking about you :)

    ReplyDelete